The World From My Window is a UK initiative led by Dan Boyden and Dan Shipton. Any references to The World At My Window in these Terms is deemed a reference to Dan Boyden and Dan Shipton. The World From My Window is available at theworldfrommywindow.com and theworldfrommywindow.co.uk. and theworldfrommywindow.org (“the website”). The same Terms apply to all variants of web address.
The following terms and conditions govern all use of The World From My Window’s website and all content available at or through the website. When you submit your story, you agree to these Terms.
1. Eligibility and entries. You and your stories will need to comply with the following guidelines in order to be considered for inclusion on the Website:
- Submissions must be made by individuals aged 16 years or over. Apart from that, entry is open to everyone – wherever you are in the world.
- Entries can be on any theme or subject but must be the original work of the person submitting, meet the eligibility criteria outlined here and must absolutely not infringe upon the rights of any other party.
- A submissions can only be made by the work’s individual and sole author.
- Submissions must not contain defamatory, obscene, offensive, or any other unsuitable or illegal material. Submissions must be suitable for audiences 16 years or over.
- Submissions can be in any language, although please note that English is the primary language of The World From My Window team and this may impact The World From My Window’s decision with respect to publishing submissions.
- Maximum submission length is 300 words, title excluded. The entry must begin with “Dear Yuri”. These two words are excluded from the 300 word count.
- Additional supporting files (such as hand drawn pictures or photos) can be uploaded as long as all files follow the same eligibility rules as above.
- Submissions are online only. We do not accept postal submissions.
- Submissions will not be returned so please keep a copy.
- No corrections or alterations can be made after submissions have been received.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions any single person may make.
- Submissions will be acknowledged by an automated email response.
- There is no submission fee.
- Submissions must not have been previously published in print or online, been broadcast or won a prize.
- You will be asked to provide their name, location, email address. We also offer the option of entrants providing their social media handles, which would allow them to be tagged if their work is featured by The World From My Window.
- As these submissions may get posted on the Website it is important that you do not include any personal information in the title or body of their story; submissions that do contain this information may be discounted at the discretion of The World From My Window team.
- By submitting a story, the entrant agrees that The World From My Window may at its sole discretion edit, adapt, abridge or translate the entry for any purpose listed above.
2. Role of The World At My Window Team. Submissions will be reviewed by The World From My Window team. The most appropriate submissions will be selected to be featured by The World From My Window, although The World From My Window is under no obligation to publish entries after submission. The World From My Window’s decision on the inclusion or publication of entries is final. The World From My Window reserves the right to amend these Terms or cancel this project at any time.
3. Responsibility of Entrants. If you post any Content to the Website, you are entirely responsible for the content and any harm resulting from it. By making Content available (ie posting a story), you represent and warrant that:
- Your use of the Website, will not infringe or misappropriate the copyright and/or intellectual property rights of any third party; and
- The Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party, and is not illegal in any other way.
4. Licence. By submitting Content to The World From My Window for inclusion on the Website, you grant The World From My Window a perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your content on the Website. If The World At My Window would like to licence or use your content for any other purpose, The World At My Window will notify you of this request and it will be at your sole discretion whether you choose to grant The World At My Window such a licence.
5. Termination. The World From My Window may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you would like your story removed from The World At My Window please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will action this.
6. Limitation of Liability.In no event will The World From My Window, Dan Boyden or Dan Shipton be liable for any damages, whether based on a claim in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise arising out of, or in relation to, these Terms and Conditions or your submission of content to the Website.